“The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them- make them’
– George Bernard Shaw
Creating your own life isn’t quite like winning the lottery (sorry mom), its actually better. Far be it from me telling you what your goals should be. It’s your life, and you make the rules. Principles however can be a good starting point. Here are a few principles to consider for a life of uncoventional living;
- There is almost always more than one way to accomplish something
- When faced with a choice between abundance and scarcity choose abundance (the choice for abundance typically involves a refusal to view the world as a zero-sum competition. No one else needs to lose for you to win. This is huge)
- If/ When faced with uncertainty about taking a leap of faith- take the leap (if your going to worry about something, worry about regretting a decision you really wanted to make but held back from because of fear)
- Intelligence is not a prerequisite, but your determination is (being too ‘smart’ for your own good can be very detrimental)
- You can have unlimited dreams and goals- but not unlimited priorities (believe that somewhere along the way that momentum kicks in and it never stops. Sometimes the smallest decisions can change your life forever)
A few other things to consider
- Your path to world domination or whatever it is that you want to do, begins with clearly understanding what you want to get out of life (better health, financial independence, backstage passes to the Wiggles etc)
- Once you begin taking your ambitions seriously, you can usually accomplish most things in less time than you initially expect
- In the end, its really not all about you (sorry to burst your bubble here). Most people really want to create a life that leaves a positive impact on others and leaves some sort of legacy. Whats yours?
- When you start doing what you really want, not everyone will understand. This is a sign that you are on your way. At this point, I recommend you start walking with your head held up a little higher if you havent done so already.
And one more thing-just remember